Applicants for this program competition may use the new government-wide website, grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov), to apply.
Register Early: Grants.gov registration may take five or more days to complete. You must be fully registered to submit an application. Please follow the detailed Step-by-Step instructions on the Grants.gov Get Started page (http://www.grants.gov/GetStarted) or in the Grants.gov Registration brochure to:
- Register Your Organization
- Obtain your organization's Data Universal Number System (DUNS) number
- Register your organization with Central Contractor Registry (CCR)
- Identify your organization's E-Business POC (Point of Contact)
- Confirm your organization's CCR "Marketing Partner ID Number (M-PIN)" password
- Register Yourself as an Authorized Organization Representative (AOR)
- Obtain your username and password
- Register your username and password with Grants.gov
- Get Yourself Authorized as an AOR
- Contact your E-Business POC to ensure your AOR status
- Log in to Grants.gov to check your AOR status
Download the Pure Edge Viewer: To download and complete the application, you will need to have the Pure Edge Viewer software on your computer. It is free and easy to download from Grants.gov. You may need to allow time for approval from your organization to download this software.
You will want to ensure your application is submitted (i.e. has a date/time stamp from Grants.gov before 4:30 pm on the deadline date) AND that the application is processed and validated successfully. Grants.gov processing times may vary, so you need to allow at least 3 days for any unanticipated problems with your submission. If Grants.gov rejects your application, you will need to resubmit before the deadline date and time.
ATTENTION - Microsoft Vista and Word Users
Please note that Grants.gov does not currently support the new Microsoft Vista Operating system. The PureEdge software used by Grants.gov for forms is not compatible with Vista.
In addition, the new version of Microsoft Word saves documents with the extension .DOCX. The Grants.gov system does not process Microsoft Word documents with the extension .DOCX. When submitting Microsoft Word attachments to Grants.gov, please use the version of Microsoft Word that ends in .DOC. If you have any questions regarding this matter please email the Grants.gov Contact Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-518-4726.
Grants.gov Support: For help with Grants.gov, please call 1-800-518-4726 or use the customer support available on the website.
Application Deadline: Closed
Applications may be submitted electronically through Grants.gov at http://www.grants.gov/.
- To download the application:
- From http://www.grants.gov select Apply for Grants from the navigation.
- Select Step 1: Download a Grant Application Package.
- Enter 84.191A in the CFDA Number field.
- Select the Download Package button.
Other Required Federal FormsYou will also need to download the following required Federal forms:
- SF 424 --Application for Federal Assistance
- ED Supplemntal Information for SF 424
- ED Form 524 -- Budget Information, Non-Construction Programs
- All necessary assurances and certifications.
- Please note that two of these forms—the SF 424 and the Department of Education Supplemental Information for SF 424— have replaced the ED 424 (Application for Federal Education Assistance).
- To request an application package contact:
U. S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, S. W.
Room 11-002, Potomac Center Plaza
Washington, D. C. 20202-7240
Telephone: (202) 245-7841
Fax: (202) 245-7171
- Individuals with disabilites may obtain a copy of the applicaiton package in an alternative format (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, or comuter diskette) by contacting the Program Contact, Diane DeMaio referenced above.
- If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD), you may call the federal relay Service (FRS) at (toll free) 1-800-877-8339.