Part B Annual Performance Report
OMB Number: 1820-0624 / Expiration Date 12-31-2005
For FFY 2002 instructions and attachments, please consult this page.
This page provides the instructions, table and supporting attachments needed to complete the Part B Annual Performance Report (APR) that covers grant year July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004 (34 CFR §80.40). States' submissions are due on or before March 31, 2005.
There are two options for submission of the APR:
- Complete and mail a copy of APR to the following address:
U.S. Department of Education
ATTN: Gwendolyn A. Gage / Mail Stop 2600
7100 Old Landover Road
Landover, MD, 20785-1506
If available, a corresponding electronic Word file of the Report should be submitted to OSERS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the APR online at the following Internet address:
The online submission of the APR allows input of all required report information into a formatted interactive web environment that may include additional State tables, charts or graphs.
The online APR requires a specific username and password. If you have not received a user name and password for your State, or have specific questions about completing the online APR, please contact your Part B State contact.
If you have any further questions about the APR and/or the submission options listed above, please contact your Part B State contact.
General Guidance and Instructions
- OSEP Memo 05-04 to State Education Agency Directors of Special Education
and State Data Managers dated 12-08-2004
PDF (247K) | MS Word (41K)
- Part B Annual Performance Report Submission Requirements
MS Word (142K)
Table and Supporting AttachmentsPart B Annual Performance Report Table and Supporting Attachments
MS Word (75K)
- Attachment 1 with Instructions (revised 01/2005)
MS Word (70K)
- Attachment 2 with Instructions
MS Word (49K)
Westat has developed an electronic spreadsheet that calculates both weighted and unweighted risk ratios for State and district-level data. States can request a copy of this file by sending a message to IDEAdata@westat.com or phoning 1-888-819-7024.
User's Guide for the for the Excel Spreadsheet Application (Prepared by Westat)
MS Word (346K)
Methods for Assessing Racial/Ethnic Disproportionality in Special Education: A Technical Assistance Guide (from IDEAdata.org)
- Attachment 3 with Instructions:
MS Word (251K)
Annual Performance Report Summary Document
Note: This document is scheduled for a January 2005 dissemination to the States.
Data Tables for the Annual Report of Children Served
- Table 1: Report of Children with Disabilities Receiving Special Education
Under Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, as Amended
PDF (130K) | MS Word (244K)
- Table 2: Personnel (In Full-Time Equivalency of Assignment) Employed to Provide Special Education
and Related Services for Children and Disabilities
PDF (144K) | MS Word (167K)
- Table 3: Part B, Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Implementation of FAPE
PDF (199K) | MS Word (318K)
- Table 4: Report of Children with Disabilities Exiting Special Education
PDF (148K) | MS Word (346K)
- Table 5: Report of Children with Disabilities Unilaterally Removed or Suspended/Expelled
for More Than 10 Days
PDF (87K) | MS Word (109K)
- Table 6: Report on the Participation and Performance of Students with Disabilities on State Assessments