TITLE IV--STUDENT ASSISTANCE
PART F--NEED ANALYSIS
SEC. 474. FAMILY CONTRIBUTION FOR INDEPENDENT STUDENTS WITHOUT DEPENDENTS OTHER THAN A SPOUSE
(a) ADJUSTMENTS FOR ENROLLMENT PERIODS OF LESS THAN NINE MONTHS- Section 476(a) (20 U.S.C. 1087pp(a)) is amended--
(1) by striking `and' at the end of paragraph (1)(B);
(2) by inserting `and' after the semicolon at the end of paragraph (2); and
(3) by inserting after paragraph (2) the following new paragraph:
`(3) for periods of enrollment of less than 9 months, for purposes other than subpart 2 of part A--
`(A) dividing the quotient resulting under paragraph (2) by 9; and
`(B) multiplying the result by the number of months in the period of enrollment;'.
(b) CONTRIBUTION FROM AVAILABLE INCOME- Section 476(b)(1)(A)(iv) is amended--
(1) by striking `allowance of--' and inserting `allowance of the following amount (or a successor amount prescribed by the Secretary under section 478)--';
(2) in subclauses (I) and (II), by striking `$3,000' each place the term appears and inserting `$5,000'; and
(3) in subclause (III), by striking `$6,000' and inserting `$8,000'.
|Previous||Table of Contents||Next|