TITLE IV--STUDENT ASSISTANCE
PART C--FEDERAL WORK-STUDY PROGRAMS
SEC. 442. ALLOCATION OF FUNDS
(a) UPDATING THE BASE PERIOD- Section 442(a) (20 U.S.C. 2752(a)) is amended--
(1) in paragraph (1), by striking `received and used under this part for fiscal year 1985' and inserting `received under subsections (a) and (b) for fiscal year 1999 (as such subsections were in effect with respect to allocations for such fiscal year)';
(2) in paragraph (2)--
(A) in subparagraphs (A) and (B), by striking `1985' each place the term appears and inserting `1999'; and
(B) in subparagraph (C)(i), by striking `1986' and inserting `2000'.
(b) ELIMINATION OF PRO RATA SHARE- Section 442 is amended--
(1) by striking subsection (b);
(2) by redesignating subsections (c) through (f) as subsections (b) through (e), respectively;
(3) in subsection (b)(1) (as redesignated by paragraph (2)), by striking `three-quarters of';
(4) in subsection (b)(2)(A)(i) (as so redesignated), by striking `subsection (d)' and inserting `subsection (c)';
(5) in subsection (c)(3) (as so redesignated), by striking `the Secretary, for academic year 1988-1989 shall use the procedures employed for academic year 1986-1987, and, for any subsequent academic years,'; and
(6) in subsection (d)(1) (as so redesignated)--
(A) by striking `10 percent' and inserting `5 percent';
(B) by striking `in community service' and inserting `in tutoring in reading and family literacy activities'; and
(C) by striking `subsection (c)' and inserting `subsection (b)'.
(c) EFFECTIVE DATE- The amendments made by this section shall apply with respect to allocations of amounts appropriated pursuant to section 441(b) for fiscal year 2000 or any succeeding fiscal year.
|Previous||Table of Contents||Next|