|PDF (993 KB)|
Would you like to know more about how you can help your child succeed in school? This publication answers questions frequently asked by parents of elementary and middle-school-aged children wholike youwant to help their children learn and succeed. It suggests effective ways you can support your child's education.
As a parent or caregiver, you play an important role in your child's academic achievement. By taking steps to get involved in your child's education, you can bridge the gap between home and school to ensure your child's success in learning and in life.
The research-based tips in this publication provide both practical guidance and valuable information about a range of topics, including:
- preparing your child for school;
- knowing what to expect from your child's kindergarten teacher;
- monitoring school work;
- working with schools and teachers effectively;
- helping your child with reading and homework; and
- ensuring that your child's school is safe and drug-free.
We hope that you will find the information in this booklet helpful, as you get involved and stay involved in your child's education and help prepare her for school success and for a rewarding life of continuous learning.