A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
This page holds information that first appeared on the Budget News page and has now been superseded by other events and activities. This information is maintained for historical purposes only.
Statements of President Clinton and White House Press Releases on the FY 1999 Budget
- October 22, 1998 -- Vice President Gore Announces $1.2 Billion to Begin Hiring 100,000 Teachers in Local School Districts
- October 16, 1998 -- Remarks by the President on the FY 1999 Budget Agreement.
- October 15, 1998 -- President Clinton, Vice President Gore, and Congressional Democrats Win on the Budget, But There is Still More Work to Do.
- September 1, 1998 -- Statement on Senate Appropriations Subcommittee action on FY 1999 appropriations for the Education Department.
- July 29, 1998 -- Statement on the House action on FY 1999 appropriations .
- January 27, 1998 -- President's State of the Union Address and Education Initiatives.
[ Return to Budget News ]
Last update November 2, 2001 (lvb)