Financing Postsecondary Education: The Federal Role - October 1995
Thanks and Special Acknowledgments
Special acknowledgments to people who were instrumental in organizing the conference:
- Senator Nancy Kassebaum for her interest and suggestion that we hold this meeting;
- Terry Peterson, Maureen McLaughlin, Lynn Mahaffie, Karen Wenk, Francine Picoult, Sandy Wood, and Valentina Tikoff of the Department of Education for designing and organizing the conference.
- The Honorable Alexander M. Sanders, Jr., President of the College of Charleston, for hosting the conference;
- Dr. Peter Mitchell and Dr. Mary Thornley, Presidents of Columbia College and Trident Technical College, respectively, for co-sponsoring the conference;
- the paper writers whose ideas served to generate much of the discussion and exchange of ideas;
- all conference participants whose views and perspectives helped shape this publication;
- Elizabeth Kassebaum who coordinated arrangements for the conference at the College of Charleston;
- Kaye Lingle Koonce of Trident Technical College who assisted in organizing the meeting;
- All those who assisted in other ways, including small group facilitators Linda Ketner, Henrietta Franklin, Stephen Bryant, Jeff Dorman, Lisa Dorn Hand; note takers Andy Abrams, W. Hugh Haynsworth, Linda Salane, Judy Everett, Gary Sattelmeyer; and those who taped the conference.
[Participants in the National Conference]