Management Systems Improvement Group (MSIG)
Working to ensure every office achieves organizational excellence
The mission of the Management Systems Improvement Group (MSIG) is to promote high organizational performance through sound business strategies, streamlined processes, and innovative practices for its customers.
- Developed and tracked performance measures for administrative services provided by the Office of Management.
- Developed and implemented prototype organization improvement effort - the QWG Blueprint for Improvement. Resulted in clarification of roles for the Director and Deputy, new/revised policies and procedures, development of QWG report card, customer service brochure, customer service standards, staff training.
- Provided leadership for the development of a strategic agenda for the OM Customer Communications Representatives
- Participated in interagency activities, including National Academy of Public Administration Consortia on performance-based management and workforce planning.
- Developed Department-wide exit survey process and survey instruments.
- Researched Department-wide approach to workforce planning. Developed ED workforce profiles for retirement eligibility and diversity.
- Provided training on benchmarking and strategic planning.
Back to MSIG Homepage
This page last updated March 21, 2003 (ck)
Office of Management's Homepage