A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
The Goals for this Initiative are:
- Support State educational agencies and local educational agencies in the development of comprehensive action plans to turn around low-performing schools.
- Summarize, synthesize, and disseminate the knowledge base surrounding best practices and research on effective strategies for turning around low-performing schools.
- Build partnerships with technical assistance providers, foundations, and other organizations engaged in this work.
- Improve the low-performing schools' use of and access to resources, particularly federal resources such as:
- Improve accountability systems.
- Increase national awareness of the low-performing schools initiative and provide information for policymakers and others.
Return to OESE Archived Information
This page last modified August 10, 2001 (sye)