OVAE Connection is a weekly electronic newsletter published by the Office of Vocational and Adult Education to provide information to state officials involved in adult education, career and technical education (CTE), and community colleges, as well as to practitioners, researchers, education groups and others interested in community colleges, CTE, and adult education. To subscribe, please contact Peirce Hammond.
- Friday, May 24, 2013: Education to Employment, Concentrated Poverty, and National Career Clusters Institute
- Thursday, May 23, 2013: 5/30 WebinarCenter on Great Teachers and Leaders
- Thursday, May 16, 2013: A Challenge to Reach New Heights, Manufacturing Engineers Seeks to Boost CTE
- Thursday, May 9, 2013: Digital Public Library, Equity in Education, and more.
- Thursday, May 2, 2013: Improving Community College Student Success, New Procurement: Implementing CCR Standards
- Thursday, April 25, 2013: Education Equity and Excellence, NCICTE site launched, Face Forward and TAACCCT grants
- Thursday, April 18, 2013: Worker Resilience and Accountability and Public Schools
- Special Edition, April 16, 2013: President's 2014 Budget Request for Education
- Thursday, April 11, 2013: LEP Access to ED Services, Women's Academic Achievement, and Help for Disconnected Youths
- Thursday, April 4, 2013: What's My Next Move?; Competency-Based Learning Programs; Community College and Correctional/Reentry Education Webinar
- Thursday, March 28, 2013: Aspen Prize for CC Excellence; Connect2Compete; Experimental Sites Initiative (ESI)
- Thursday, March 21, 2013: OVAE Blog; Job Training; Is Developmental Educational Overprescribed?; and CC Webinar - April 10
- Thursday, March 14, 2013: TIME Collaborative, National Metrics and Benchmarks for Career Pathways, and ELL Procurement
- Thursday, March 7, 2013: Contributions of Community Colleges
- Thursday, February 28, 2013: Career-Focused Ed System; $50,000 for Immigrant Integration; Shifting Gears; Webinars and more...
- Thursday, February 21, 2013: CTE Month Message From Under Secretary Martha Kanter; and CTE Focus in State of the Union Address
- Thursday, February 14, 2013: Coordinate with Business to Build Job Skills; DOL's Competency Model; Graduation Rate Increases
- Thursday, February 7, 2013: is CTE Month and ETA Mobile Job Search and Training Tools
- Thursday, January 31, 2013: February is CTE Month; College Completion Toolkit Discussion with FSA; Solve Workforce Needs; Global Trends 2030
- Thursday, January 24, 2013: Workforce Education Partnership; Remediation Participation Rates; Ed at a Glance 2012; and CTE in Career Pathways Systems
- Thursday, January 17, 2013: How Do Children Succeed? and Digital Learning Day2/6/13
- Thursday, January 10, 2013: Work-based Learning Exemplars Report; Prior-Learning Assessments; SBIR Program
OVAE Connections Archives