Thanks to No Child Left Behind, parents are receiving more options than ever before to help their children succeed in school. Under NCLB, low-income students in schools that do not meet state standards in reading and math for three consecutive years are eligible to receive supplemental educational services such as free tutoring. To help inform parents about this new opportunity for their children, the U.S. Department of Educations Office of Innovation and Improvement has created a free brochure: Extra Help For Student Success.
Extra Help For Student Success is available in English and Spanish and answers the following questions:
- What Are Supplemental Educational Services?
- Who Can Get These Services?
- How Will I Know If My Child Is Eligible?
- How Do I Find a Good Supplemental Educational Services Program for My Child?
- What Happens After Ive Chosen a Provider of Supplemental Educational Services?
- Where Can I Get More Information?
Parents and others interested in ordering a free copy of Extra Help For Student Success can do so by:
- Calling the U.S. Department of Education's Publications Center (ED Pubs) toll-free at 1-877-4-ED-PUBS (1-877-433-7827); TTY/TDD: 1-877-576-7734; FAX: 1-301-470-1244;
- Ordering online at: www.edpubs.org; or
- Writing to request a copy: ED Pubs, P.O. Box 1398, Jessup, MD 20794-1398.
This brochure is also available online.
About Extra Credit
NCLB Extra Credit is a regular look at the No Child Left Behind Act, President Bush's landmark education reform initiative passed with bipartisan support in Congress.
Subscribe to get the Extra Credit emailed to you.
Unsubscribe to stop receiving Extra Credit.