Past Extra Credits|
Nine Facts About No Child Left Behind
- No Child Left Behind supports learning in the early years, thereby preventing many learning difficulties that arise later.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/02/0223.html
- No Child Left Behind provides more information for parents about their child's achievement.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/02/0224.html
- No Child Left Behind provides parents and taxpayers with important information about the performance of local schools.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/02/0225.html
- No Child Left Behind gives children and parents a lifeline.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/02/0226.html
- No Child Left Behind improves teaching and learning by providing better information to teachers and principals.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/02/0227.html
- No Child Left Behind ensures that teacher quality is a high priority.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/03/0301.html
- No Child Left Behind focuses on what works.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/03/0302.html
- No Child Left Behind provides state and local leaders with unprecedented flexibility as they implement the law.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/03/0303.html
- No Child Left Behind provides more resources to schools.
More on this fact is available at: www.ed.gov/news/newsletters/extracredit/2004/03/0304.html
- Calling the U.S. Department of Education's Publications Center (ED Pubs) toll-free at 1-877-4-ED-PUBS (1-877-433-7827); TTY/TDD: 1-877-576-7734; FAX: 1-301-470-1244;
- Ordering online at: www.edpubs.org; or
- Downloading a copy at: www.ed.gov/parents/academic/involve
About Extra Credit
NCLB Extra Credit is a regular look at the No Child Left Behind Act, President Bush's landmark education reform initiative passed with bipartisan support in Congress.
Subscribe to get the Extra Credit emailed to you.
Unsubscribe to stop receiving Extra Credit.
Last Modified: 08/02/2004