|PDF (384 KB) | MS PowerPoint (2 MB)|
- No Child Left Behind: A New Era in Education
- "When it comes to the education of our children..."
- Is spending the problem?
- Even when accounting for inflation...
- Percentage of Fourth Graders Reading Proficiently
- Reading Scores and Funding
- "Insanity: the belief ..."
- Schools using proven teaching methods...
- This is an American law.
- America's children depend on us.
- Four Reform Principles
- How will states measure progress for schools and students?
- How will measuring progress every year help to improve schools?
- Improving schools through accountability means setting annual goals for improvement.
- What if schools do not improve?
- Local control and flexibility
- For example...
- Local Control and flexibility means money goes to solve problems, not to subsidize bureaucracy.
- How No Child Left Behind ensures improvements:
- Research-Based Improvements
- Solid research equals solid results.
- What is reliable research?
- Meets Rigorous Standards
- Convergent findings
- No Child Left Behind helps prepare and protect teachers.
- Options for Parents
- No Child Left Behind: A lifeline...
- Under No Child Left Behind...
- The school district must pay for transportation.
- If a school has failed for three consecutive years...
- If a school is designated by the state as dangerous or unsafe...
- Parents Must Be Our Partners
- A Call to Action for Parents
- Our Nation's Commitment
- No Child Left Behind...
Last Modified: 04/24/2006