A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
PART I--AMENDMENTS TO THE CARL D. PERKINS VOCATIONAL AND APPLIED TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION ACT
SEC. 991. NATIONAL OCCUPATIONAL INFORMATION COORDINATING COMMITTEE.
- Section 422 of the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Applied Technology Education Act (20 U.S.C. 2422) is amended--
- (1) in paragraph (2) of subsection (a), by inserting "(including postsecondary employment and training programs)" after "training programs"; and
- (2) in subsection (b)--
- (A) by redesignating subparagraphs (A) and (B) as paragraphs (1) and (2), respectively;
- (B) in the matter preceding paragraph (1) (as redesignated in subparagraph (A)), by inserting "the State board or agency governing higher education," after "coordinating council,"; and
- (C) in paragraph (1) (as redesignated in subparagraph (A))--
- (i) by striking "Act and of" and inserting "Act, of"; and
- (ii) by inserting "and of the State board or agency governing higher education" after "Job Training Partnership Act";
- (3) by redesignating subsection (d) as subsection (e); and
- (4) by inserting after subsection (c) the following new subsection:
- "(d) DATA COLLECTION SYSTEM.--In the development and design of a system to provide data on graduation or completion rates, job placement rates from occupationally specific programs, licensing rates, and awards of high school graduate equivalency diplomas (GED), each State board for higher education shall develop a data collection system the results of which can be integrated into the occupational information system developed under this section.".
PART H--FIELD READERS