A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
PART H--FIELD READERS
SEC. 981. FIELD READERS.
- Section 402 of the Department of Education Organization Act (20 U.S.C. 3462) is amended--
- (1) by inserting
- "(a) IN GENERAL.--" before "The Secretary"; and
- (2) by adding at the end the following new subsection:
- "(b) SPECIAL RULE.--
- "(1) IN GENERAL.--Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the Secretary may use not more than 1 percent of the funds appropriated for any education program that awards such funds on a competitive basis to pay the expenses and fees of non-Federal experts necessary to review applications and proposals for such funds.
- "(2) APPLICABILITY.--The provisions of paragraph (1) shall not apply to any education program under which funds are authorized to be appropriated to pay the fees and expenses of non-Federal experts to review applications and proposals for such funds.".
PART G--OFFICE OF COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL HEALTH EDUCATION
PART I--AMENDMENTS TO THE CARL D. PERKINS VOCATIONAL AND APPLIED TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION ACT