A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 802. PURPOSES.
- It is the purpose of this title--
- (1) to encourage improved instruction for minorities and Native Americans in American government and civics through a national program of accredited summer teacher training and staff development seminars or institutes followed by academic year inservice training programs conducted on college and university campuses or other appropriate sites, for--
- (A) social studies and other teachers responsible for American history, government, and civics classes; and
- (B) other educators who work with minority and Native American youth; and
- (2) through such improved instruction to improve minority and Native American student knowledge and understanding of the American system of government.
TITLE VIII--MINORITY-FOCUSED CIVICS EDUCATION
SEC. 803. GRANTS AUTHORIZED; AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.