A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 405. DEFINITIONS.
- For purposes of this title--
- (1) the term "parent education" includes parent support activities, the provision of resource materials on child development, parent-child learning activities and child rearing issues, private and group educational guidance, individual and group learning experiences for the parent and child, and other activities that enable the parent to improve learning in the home;
- (2) the term "Parents as Teachers program" means a voluntary early childhood parent education program that--
- (A) is designed to provide all parents of children from birth through age 5 with the information and support such parents need to give their child a solid foundation for school success;
- (B) is based on the Missouri Parents as Teachers model with the philosophy that parents are their child's first and most influential teachers;
- (C) provides--
- (i) regularly scheduled personal visits with families by certified parent educators;
- (ii) regularly scheduled developmental screenings; and
- (iii) linkage with other resources within the community in order to provide services that parents may want and need, except that such services are beyond the scope of the Parents as Teachers program;
- (3) the term "Home Instruction for Preschool Youngsters program" means a voluntary early-learning program for parents with one or more children between the ages of 3 through 5, that--
- (A) provides support, training, and appropriate educational materials necessary for parents to implement a school-readiness, home instruction program for their child; and
- (B) includes--
- (i) group meetings with other parents participating in the program;
- (ii) individual and group learning experiences with the parent and child;
- (iii) provision of resource materials on child development and parent-child learning activities; and
- (iv) other activities that enable the parent to improve learning in the home.
SEC. 404. TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE.
SEC. 406. REPORTS.