A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 403. USES OF FUNDS.
- Grant funds received under this title may be used--
- (1) for parent training, information, and support programs that assist parents to--
- (A) better understand their children's educational needs;
- (B) provide followup support for their children's educational achievement;
- (C) communicate more effectively with teachers, counselors, administrators, and other professional educators and support staff;
- (D) participate in the design and provision of assistance to students who are not making adequate educational progress;
- (E) obtain information about the range of options, programs, services, and resources available at the national, State, and local levels to assist parents described in subparagraphs (A) and (B) of section 401(b);
- (F) seek technical assistance regarding compliance with the requirements of this title and of other Federal programs relevant to achieving the National Education Goals;
- (G) participate in State and local decisionmaking;
- (H) train other parents; and
- (I) plan, implement, and fund activities that coordinate the education of their children with other Federal programs that serve their children or their families; and
- (2) to include State or local educational personnel where such participation will further the activities assisted under the grant.
SEC. 402. APPLICATIONS.
SEC. 404. TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE.