A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 313. TECHNICAL AND OTHER ASSISTANCE REGARDING SCHOOL FINANCE EQUITY.
- (a) TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE.--
- (1) IN GENERAL.--From funds reserved in each fiscal year under section 304(a)(2)(A), the Secretary is authorized to make grants to, and enter into contracts and cooperative agreements with, State educational agencies and other public and private agencies, institutions, and organizations to provide technical assistance to State and local educational agencies to assist such agencies in achieving a greater degree of equity in the distribution of financial resources for education among local educational agencies in the State.
- (2) ACTIVITIES.--A grant, contract or cooperative agreement under this section may support technical assistance activities, such as--
- (A) the establishment and operation of a center or centers for the provision of technical assistance to State and local educational agencies;
- (B) the convening of conferences on equalization of resources within local educational agencies, within States, and among States; and
- (C) obtaining advice from experts in the field of school finance equalization.
- (b) DATA.--Each State educational agency or local educational agency receiving assistance under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 shall provide such data and information on school finance as the Secretary may require to carry out this section.
- (c) MODELS.--The Secretary is authorized, directly or through grants, contracts, or cooperative agreements, to develop and disseminate models and materials useful to States in planning and implementing revisions of the school finance systems of such States.
SEC. 312. PROGRESS REPORTS.
SEC. 314. NATIONAL LEADERSHIP.