A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 312. PROGRESS REPORTS.
- (a) STATE REPORTS TO THE SECRETARY.--Each State educational agency that receives funds under this title shall annually report to the Secretary regarding--
- (1) progress in meeting State goals and plans;
- (2) proposed State activities for the succeeding year; and
- (3) in summary form, the progress of local educational agencies in meeting local goals and plans and increasing student learning.
- (b) SECRETARY'S REPORTS TO CONGRESS.--By April 30, 1996, and every 2 years thereafter, the Secretary shall submit a report to the Committee on Education and Labor of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Labor and Human Resources of the Senate describing--
- (1) the activities assisted under, and outcomes of, grants or contracts under section 220, including--
- (A) a description of the purpose, uses, and technical merit of assessments evaluated with funds awarded under such paragraph; and
- (B) an analysis of the impact of such assessments on the performance of students, particularly students of different racial, gender, ethnic, or language groups and individuals with disabilities;
- (2) the activities assisted under, and outcomes of, allotments under this title; and
- (3) the effect of waivers granted under section 311, including--
- (A) a listing of all State educational agencies, local educational agencies and schools seeking and receiving waivers;
- (B) a summary of the State and Federal statutory or regulatory requirements that have been waived, including the number of waivers sought and granted under each such statutory or regulatory requirement;
- (C) a summary of waivers that have been terminated, including a rationale for the terminations; and
- (D) recommendations to the Congress regarding changes in statutory or regulatory requirements, particularly those actions that should be taken to overcome Federal statutory or regulatory impediments to education reform.
SEC. 311. WAIVERS OF STATUTORY AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS.
SEC. 313. TECHNICAL AND OTHER ASSISTANCE REGARDING SCHOOL FINANCE EQUITY.