A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 307. SECRETARY'S REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS; PAYMENTS.
- (a) FIRST YEAR.--The Secretary shall approve the State educational agency's first year application under section 305(b) if the Secretary determines that--
- (1) such application meets the requirements of this title; and
- (2) there is a substantial likelihood that the second year application of the State educational agency under section 305(c) will provide for the development and implementation of a State improvement plan that complies with section 306.
- (b) SECOND THROUGH FIFTH YEARS.--The Secretary shall approve the State educational agency's second year application under section 305(c)(1) for the second through fifth years of participation only if--
- (A) the Secretary has approved the State improvement plan under section 306(n); or
- (B) the Secretary determines that the State has made substantial progress in developing its State improvement plan and will implement such plan not later than the end of the second year of participation; and
- (2) the application meets the other requirements of this title.
- (c) PAYMENTS.--For any fiscal year for which a State has an approved application under this title, the Secretary shall provide an allotment to the State educational agency in the amount determined under section 304(b).
SEC. 306. STATE IMPROVEMENT PLANS.
SEC. 308. STATE USE OF FUNDS.