A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 221. EVALUATION.
- (a) GRANT.--From funds reserved under section 304(a)(2)(C), the Secretary shall make a grant, in an amount not to exceed $500,000, to the National Academy of Sciences or the National Academy of Education to--
- (1) evaluate--
- (A) the technical quality of the work performed by the Goals Panel and the Council;
- (B) the process the Council uses to develop criteria for certification of standards and assessments;
- (C) the process the Council uses to certify voluntary national standards as well as standards and assessments voluntarily submitted by States; and
- (D) the process the Goals Panel uses to approve certification criteria and voluntary national standards;
- (2) periodically provide to the Goals Panel and the Council, as appropriate, information from the evaluation under paragraph(1); and
- (3) report on the activities authorized under sections 219 and 220.
- (b) REPORT.--The recipient of a grant under this section shall submit a final report to the Congress, the Secretary, and the public regarding the activities assisted under this section not later than January 1, 1998.
SEC. 220. ASSESSMENT DEVELOPMENT AND EVALUATION GRANTS.
PART C--LEADERSHIP IN EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY