A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 206. DIRECTOR AND STAFF; EXPERTS AND CONSULTANTS.
- (a) DIRECTOR.--The Chairperson of the Goals Panel, without regard to the provisions of title 5, United States Code, relating to the appointment and compensation of officers or employees of the United States, shall appoint a Director to be paid at a rate not to exceed the rate of basic pay payable for level V of the Executive Schedule.
- (b) APPOINTMENT AND PAY OF EMPLOYEES.--
- (1) IN GENERAL.--
- (A) The Director may appoint not more than 4 additional employees to serve as staff to the Goals Panel without regard to the provisions of title 5, United States Code, governing appointments in the competitive service.
- (B) The employees appointed under subparagraph (A) may be paid without regard to the provisions of chapter 51 and subchapter III of chapter 53 of that title relating to classification and General Schedule pay rates, but shall not be paid a rate that exceeds the maximum rate of basic pay payable for GS-15 of the General Schedule.
- (2) ADDITIONAL EMPLOYEES.--The Director may appoint additional employees to serve as staff to the Goals Panel in accordance with title 5, United States Code.
- (c) EXPERTS AND CONSULTANTS.--The Goals Panel may procure temporary and intermittent services of experts and consultants under section 3109(b) of title 5, United States Code.
- (d) STAFF OF FEDERAL AGENCIES.--Upon the request of the Goals Panel, the head of any department or agency of the United States may detail any of the personnel of such agency to the Goals Panel to assist the Goals Panel in its duties under this part.
SEC. 205. ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS.
SEC. 207. EARLY CHILDHOOD ASSESSMENT.