A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 1042. DEFINITIONS.
- As used in this part:
- (1) CHILDREN.--The term "children" means individuals who have not attained the age of 18.
- (2) CHILDREN'S SERVICES.--The term "children's services" means the provision on a routine or regular basis of health, day care, education, or library services--
- (A) that are funded, after the date of the enactment of this Act, directly by the Federal Government or through State or local governments, by Federal grant, loan, loan guarantee, or contract programs--
- (i) administered by either the Secretary of Health and Human Services or the Secretary of Education (other than services provided and funded solely under titles XVIII and XIX of the Social Security Act); or
- (ii) administered by the Secretary of Agriculture in the case of a clinic (as defined in 7 CFR 246.2) under section 17(b)(6) of the Child Nutrition Act of 1966 (42 U.S.C. 1786(b)(6)), or
- (B) that are provided in indoor facilities that are constructed, operated, or maintained with such Federal funds, as determined by the appropriate Secretary in any enforcement action under this title, except that nothing in clause (ii) of subparagraph (A) is intended to include facilities (other than clinics) where coupons are redeemed under the Child Nutrition Act of 1966.
- (3) PERSON.--The term "person" means any State or local subdivision thereof, agency of such State or subdivision, corporation, or partnership that owns or operates or otherwise controls and provides children's services or any individual who owns or operates or otherwise controls and provides such services.
- (4) INDOOR FACILITY.--The term "indoor facility" means a building that is enclosed.
- (5) SECRETARY.--The term "Secretary" means the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
PART C--ENVIRONMENTAL TOBACCO SMOKE
SEC. 1043. NONSMOKING POLICY FOR CHILDREN'S SERVICES.