A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 1022. SENSE OF THE CONGRESS.
- It is the sense of the Congress that--
- (1) no funds appropriated pursuant to this Act should be expended by an entity unless the entity agrees that in expending the assistance the entity will comply with sections 2 through 4 of the Act of March 3, 1993 (41 U.S.C. 10a 0910c, popularly known as the "Buy American Act");
- (2) in the case of any equipment or products that may be authorized to be purchased with financial assistance provided under this Act, entities receiving such assistance should, in expending the assistance, purchase only American-made equipment and products;
- (3) in providing financial assistance under this Act, the head of each Federal agency should provide to each recipient of the assistance a notice describing the statement made in subsection (a) by the Congress; and
- (4) if it has been finally determined by a court or Federal agency that any person intentionally affixed a label bearing a "Made in America" inscription, or any inscription with the same meaning to any product sold in or shipped to the United States that is not made in the United States, such person should be ineligible to receive any contract or subcontract made with funds provided pursuant to this Act, pursuant to the debarment, suspension, and ineligibility procedures described in sections 9.400 through 9.409 of title 48, Code of Federal Regulations, as such sections existed on the date of enactment of this Act.
SEC. 1021. ASSESSMENT OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRESS ACTIVITIES.
PART B--GUN-FREE SCHOOLS