A r c h i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 1013. NATIONAL BOARD FOR PROFESSIONAL TEACHING STANDARDS.
- Section 551 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1107) is amended--
- (1) in paragraph (1) of subsection (b), by striking "the Federal share of";
- (2) in subparagraph (B) of subsection (e)(1), by striking "share of the cost of the activities of the Board is" and inserting
- "contributions described in subsection (f) are"; and
- (3) by amending subsection (f) to read as follows:
- "(f) MATCHING FUNDS REQUIREMENT.--
- "(1) IN GENERAL.--The Secretary shall not provide financial assistance under this subpart to the Board unless the Board agrees to expend non-Federal contributions equal to $1 for every $1 of the Federal funds provided pursuant to such financial assistance.
- "(2) NON-FEDERAL CONTRIBUTIONS.--The non-Federal contributions described in paragraph (1)--
- "(A) may include all non-Federal funds raised by the Board on or after January 1, 1987; and
- (B) may be used for outreach, implementation, administration, operation, and other costs associated with the development and implementation of national teacher assessment and certification procedures under this subpart.".
SEC. 1012. FUNDING FOR THE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES EDUCATION ACT.
SEC. 1014. FORGIVENESS OF CERTAIN OVERPAYMENTS.