A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 9306. ALASKA NATIVE STUDENT ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS.
- ``(a) General Authority.--The Secretary shall make a grant or grants to Alaska Native educational organizations or educational entities with experience in developing or operating Alaska Native programs, or to partnerships including Alaska Native organizations, for enrichment programs for Alaska Native students in the areas of science and mathematics education. The programs shall be designed to--
- ``(1) prepare qualified students from rural areas who are preparing to enter village high schools to excel in science and mathematics; and
- ``(2) provide those support services to the families of such students that are needed to enable such students to benefit from the program.
- ``(b) Uses of Funds.--The program funded under this section may include--
- ``(1) the identification of the students eligible to participate in the program;
- ``(2) the conduct of educational, psychosocial, and developmental activities which hold reasonable promise of resulting in substantial enrichment of the educational performance of the participating students;
- ``(3) leadership programs designed to provide for the replication of the program in other subject matter areas and the dissemination of information derived from the program; and
- ``(4) appropriate research, evaluation and related activities pertaining to the benefits of such enrichment programs.
- ``(c) Administrative Costs.--Not more than 10 percent of the funds appropriated to carry out the provisions of this section for any fiscal year may be used for administrative purposes.
- ``(d) Authorization of Appropriations.--There are authorized to be appropriated $1,000,000 for fiscal year 1995, and such sums as may be necessary for each of the four succeeding fiscal years, to carry out this section. Funds appropriated under the authority of this subsection shall remain available until expended.
SEC. 9305. ALASKA NATIVE HOME BASED EDUCATION FOR PRESCHOOL CHILDREN.
SEC. 9307. ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS.