A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 9210. NATIVE HAWAIIAN COMMUNITY-BASED EDUCATION LEARNING CENTERS.
- ``(a) General Authority.--The Secretary is authorized to make direct grants, to collaborative efforts between community-based Native Hawaiian organizations and community colleges, to develop, establish, and operate a minimum of three community-based education learning centers.
- ``(b) Purpose.--The learning centers described in subsection (a) shall meet the needs of families and communities through interdepartmental and interagency coordination of new and existing public and private programs and services, which may include--
- ``(1) preschool programs;
- ``(2) after-school programs; and
- ``(3) vocational and adult education programs.
- ``(c) Administrative Costs.--Not more than 7 percent of the funds appropriated to carry out the provisions of this section for any fiscal year may be used for administrative purposes.
- ``(d) Authorization of Appropriations.--There are authorized to be appropriated $1,000,000 for fiscal year 1995, and such sums as may be necessary for each of the four succeeding fiscal years, to carry out this section. Funds appropriated under the authority of this subsection shall remain available until expended.
SEC. 9209. NATIVE HAWAIIAN CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT, TEACHER TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT PROGRAM.
SEC. 9211. ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS.