A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 9208. NATIVE HAWAIIAN SPECIAL EDUCATION PROGRAM.
- ``(a) General Authority.--The Secretary is authorized to make grants to, or enter into contracts with, Native Hawaiian educational organizations or educational entities with experience in developing or operating Native Hawaiian programs or programs of instruction conducted in the Native Hawaiian language, to operate a program to address the special education needs of Native Hawaiian students. Such program may include--
- ``(1) the identification of Native Hawaiian students with disabilities or who are otherwise in need of special educational services;
- ``(2) the identification of the special education needs of such students, particularly with respect to--
- ``(A) the emotional and psychosocial needs of such students; and
- ``(B) the provision of those support services to the families of such students that are needed to enable such students to benefit from the program;
- ``(3) the conduct of educational activities consistent with part B of the Education of Individuals with Disabilities Education Act which hold reasonable promise of resulting in substantial progress toward meeting the educational needs of such students;
- ``(4) the conduct of educational, psychosocial, and developmental activities which hold reasonable promise of resulting in substantial progress toward meeting the educational needs of such students, including demonstrating and exploring the use of the Native Hawaiian language and exposure to Native Hawaiian cultural traditions; and
- ``(5) appropriate research, evaluation, and related activities pertaining to--
- ``(A) the needs of such students;
- ``(B) the provision of those support services to the families of such students that are needed to enable such student to benefit from the program; and
- ``(C) the outcomes and benefits of activities assisted under this section upon such students.
- ``(b) Administrative Costs.--Not more than 7 percent of the funds appropriated to carry out the provisions of this section for any fiscal year may be used for administrative purposes.
- ``(c) Authorization of Appropriations.--In addition to any other amount authorized to be appropriated for the program described in this section, there are authorized to be appropriated $2,000,000 for fiscal year 1995, and such sums as may be necessary for each of the four succeeding fiscal years, to carry out this section. Funds appropriated under the authority of this subsection shall remain available until expended.
SEC. 9207. NATIVE HAWAIIAN GIFTED AND TALENTED PROGRAM.
SEC. 9209. NATIVE HAWAIIAN CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT, TEACHER TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT PROGRAM.