A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``TITLE VIII--IMPACT AID
``SEC. 8001. PURPOSE.
- ``In order to fulfill the Federal responsibility to assist with the provision of educational services to federally connected children, because certain activities of the Federal Government place a financial burden on the local educational agencies serving areas where such activities are carried out, and to help such children meet challenging State standards, it is the purpose of this title to provide financial assistance to local educational agencies that--
- ``(1) experience a substantial and continuing financial burden due to the acquisition of real property by the United States;
- ``(2) educate children who reside on Federal property and whose parents are employed on Federal property;
- ``(3) educate children of parents who are in the military services and children who live in low-rent housing;
- ``(4) educate heavy concentrations of children whose parents are civilian employees of the Federal Government and do not reside on Federal property;
- ``(5) experience sudden and substantial increases or decreases in enrollments because of military realignments; or
- ``(6) need special assistance with capital expenditures for construction activities because of the enrollments of substantial numbers of children who reside on Federal lands.
SEC. 7502. REGULATIONS AND NOTIFICATION.
SEC. 8002. PAYMENTS RELATING TO FEDERAL ACQUISITION OF REAL PROPERTY.