A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 7307. USES OF FUNDS.
- ``(a) Use of Funds.--Funds awarded under this part shall be used to pay for enhanced instructional opportunities for immigrant children and youth, which may include--
- ``(1) family literacy, parent outreach, and training activities designed to assist parents to become active participants in the education of their children;
- ``(2) salaries of personnel, including teacher aides who have been specifically trained, or are being trained, to provide services to immigrant children and youth;
- ``(3) tutorials, mentoring, and academic or career counseling for immigrant children and youth;
- ``(4) identification and acquisition of curricular materials, educational software, and technologies to be used in the program;
- ``(5) basic instructional services which are directly attributable to the presence in the school district of immigrant children, including the costs of providing additional classroom supplies, overhead costs, costs of construction, acquisition or rental of space, costs of transportation, or such other costs as are directly attributable to such additional basic instructional services; and
- ``(6) such other activities, related to the purposes of this part, as the Secretary may authorize.
- ``(b) Consortia.--A local educational agency that receives a grant under this part may collaborate or form a consortium with one or more local educational agencies, institutions of higher education, and nonprofit organizations to carry out the program described in an application approved under this part.
- ``(c) Subgrants.--A local educational agency that receives a grant under this part may, with the approval of the Secretary, make a subgrant to, or enter into a contract with, an institution of higher education, a nonprofit organization, or a consortium of such entities to carry out a program described in an application approved under this part, including a program to serve out-of-school youth.
- ``(d) Construction.--Nothing in this part shall be construed to prohibit a local educational agency from serving immigrant children simultaneously with students with similar educational needs, in the same educational settings where appropriate.
SEC. 7306. ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS.
SEC. 7308. REPORTS.