A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 7204. APPLICATIONS.
- ``(a) In General.--Any State educational agency or local educational agency desiring a grant under this part shall submit an application to the Secretary at such time, in such form, and containing such information and assurances as the Secretary may require.
- ``(b) Special Consideration.--The Secretary shall give special consideration to applications describing programs that--
- ``(1) include intensive summer foreign language programs for professional development;
- ``(2) link non-native English speakers in the community with the schools in order to promote two-way language learning; or
- ``(3) promote the sequential study of a foreign language for students, beginning in elementary schools.
SEC. 7203. PROGRAM AUTHORIZED.
SEC. 7205. ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FOREIGN LANGUAGE INCENTIVE PROGRAM.