Archived - SEC. 7135. NATIONAL CLEARINGHOUSE FOR BILINGUAL EDUCATION.
A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 7135. NATIONAL CLEARINGHOUSE FOR BILINGUAL EDUCATION.
- ``(a) Establishment.--The Secretary shall establish and support the operation of a National Clearinghouse for Bilingual Education, which shall collect, analyze, synthesize, and disseminate information about bilingual education and related programs.
- ``(b) Functions.--The National Clearinghouse for Bilingual Education shall--
- ``(1) be administered as an adjunct clearinghouse of the Educational Resources Information Center Clearinghouses system of clearinghouses supported by the Office of Educational Research and Improvement;
- ``(2) coordinate its activities with Federal data and information clearinghouses and dissemination networks and systems;
- ``(3) develop a data base management and monitoring system for improving the operation and effectiveness of federally funded bilingual education programs; and
- ``(4) develop, maintain, and disseminate, through comprehensive regional assistance centers described in part A of title XIII if appropriate, a listing by geographical area of education professionals, parents, teachers, administrators, community members and others who are native speakers of languages other than English for use as a resource by local educational agencies and schools in the development and implementation of bilingual education programs.
SEC. 7134. STATE GRANT PROGRAM.
SEC. 7136. INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT.