A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``Subpart 1--Bilingual Education Capacity and Demonstration Grants
``SEC. 7111. FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE FOR BILINGUAL EDUCATION.
- ``The purpose of this subpart is to assist local educational agencies, institutions of higher education, and community-based organizations, through the grants authorized under sections 7112, 7113, 7114, and 7115 to--
- ``(1) develop and enhance their capacity to provide high-quality instruction through bilingual education or special alternative instruction programs to children and youth of limited English proficiency; and
- ``(2) to help such children and youth--
- ``(A) develop proficiency in English, and to the extent possible, their native language; and
- ``(B) meet the same challenging State content standards and challenging State student performance standards expected for all children and youth as required by section 1111(b).
SEC. 7105. RESIDENTS OF THE TERRITORIES AND FREELY ASSOCIATED NATIONS.
SEC. 7112. PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION GRANTS.