A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``PART B--STATE PROGRAMS
``SEC. 6201. STATE USES OF FUNDS.
- ``(a) Authorized Activities.--A State educational agency may use funds made available for State use under this title only for--
- ``(1) State administration of programs under this title including--
- ``(A) supervision of the allocation of funds to local educational agencies;
- ``(B) planning, supervision, and processing of State funds; and
- ``(C) monitoring and evaluation of programs and activities under this title; and
- ``(2) technical assistance and direct grants to local educational agencies and statewide education reform activities including effective schools programs which assist local educational agencies to provide targeted assistance.
- ``(b) Limitations and Requirements.--Not more than 25 percent of funds available for State programs under this title in any fiscal year may be used for State administration under subsection (a)(1).
SEC. 6102. ALLOCATION TO LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCIES.
SEC. 6202. STATE APPLICATIONS.