A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``PART A--STATE AND LOCAL PROGRAMS
``SEC. 6101. ALLOTMENT TO STATES.
- ``(a) Reservations.--From the sums appropriated to carry out this title in any fiscal year, the Secretary shall reserve not to exceed one percent for payments to outlying areas to be allotted in accordance with their respective needs.
- ``(b) Allotment.--From the remainder of such sums, the Secretary shall allot to each State an amount which bears the same ratio to the amount of such remainder as the school-age population of the State bears to the school-age population of all States, except that no State shall receive less than an amount equal to one-half of one percent of such remainder.
- ``(c) Definitions.--For purposes of this part:
- ``(1) The term `school-age population' means the population aged 5 through 17.
- ``(2) The term `States' includes the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
SEC. 6003. DEFINITION.
SEC. 6102. ALLOCATION TO LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCIES.