A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 5302. PURPOSE.
- ``The purpose of this part is to reduce the number of children who do not complete their elementary and secondary education by providing grants to local educational agencies to establish--
- ``(1) effective programs to identify potential student dropouts, including pregnant and parenting teenagers, and prevent such students from dropping out of school;
- ``(2) effective programs to identify and encourage children who have already dropped out to reenter school and complete their elementary and secondary education;
- ``(3) effective early intervention programs designed to identify at-risk students in elementary and secondary schools; and
- ``(4) model systems for collecting and reporting information to local school officials on the number, ages, sex, race or ethnicity, and grade levels of the children not completing their elementary and secondary education and the reasons why such children have dropped out of school.
PART C--ASSISTANCE TO ADDRESS SCHOOL DROPOUT PROBLEMS
SEC. 5303. GRANTS TO LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCIES.