A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 5107. PRIORITY.
- ``In approving applications under this part, the Secretary shall give priority to applicants that--
- ``(1) demonstrate the greatest need for assistance, based on the expense or difficulty of effectively carrying out an approved desegregation plan and the projects for which assistance is sought;
- ``(2) propose to carry out new magnet school projects, or significantly revise existing magnet school projects;
- ``(3) propose to select students to attend magnet school projects by methods such as lottery, rather than through academic examination;
- ``(4) propose to implement innovative educational approaches that are consistent with the State's and local educational agency's approved systemic reform plans, if any, under title III of the Goals 2000: Educate America Act; and
- ``(5) propose to draw on comprehensive community involvement plans.