A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 5102. STATEMENT OF PURPOSE.
- ``The purpose of this part is to assist in the desegregation of schools served by local educational agencies by providing financial assistance to eligible local educational agencies for--
- ``(1) the elimination, reduction, or prevention of minority group isolation in elementary and secondary schools with substantial proportions of minority students;
- ``(2) the development and implementation of magnet school projects that will assist local educational agencies in achieving systemic reforms and providing all students the opportunity to meet challenging State content standards and challenging State student performance standards;
- ``(3) the development and design of innovative educational methods and practices; and
- ``(4) courses of instruction within magnet schools that will substantially strengthen the knowledge of academic subjects and the grasp of tangible and marketable vocational skills of students attending such schools.