A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 409. DISSEMINATION.
- (a) General Requests.--
- (1) In general.--The Center may furnish transcripts or copies of tables and other statistical records and make special statistical compilations and surveys for State and local officials, public and private organizations, and individuals.
- (2) Compilations.--The Center shall provide State and local educational agencies opportunities to suggest the development of particular compilations of statistics, surveys, and analyses that would assist those educational agencies.
- (b) Congressional Requests.--The Center shall furnish such special statistical compilations and surveys as the Congress may request.
- (c) Joint Statistical Projects.--The Secretary may engage in joint statistical projects related to the purposes of this title, or other statistical purposes authorized by law, with nonprofit organizations or agencies, and the cost of such projects shall be shared equitably as determined by the Secretary.
- (d) Fees.--
- (1) In general.--Statistical compilations and surveys under this section, other than those carried out pursuant to subsections (b) and (c), may be made subject to the payment of the actual or estimated cost of such work.
- (2) Funds received.--All funds received in payment for work or services described in this subsection may be used to pay directly the costs of such work or services, to repay appropriations that initially bore all or part of such costs, or to refund excess sums when necessary.
- (e) Access.--
- (1) Other agencies.--The Center shall, consistent with section 408, cooperate with other Federal agencies having a need for educational data in providing access to educational data received by the Center.
- (2) Interested parties.--The Center shall, in accordance with such terms and conditions as the Secretary may prescribe, provide all interested parties, including public and private agencies and individuals, direct access to data collected by the Center for the purposes of research and acquiring statistical information.
SEC. 408. CONFIDENTIALITY.
SEC. 410. COOPERATIVE EDUCATION STATISTICS SYSTEMS.