A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
SEC. 403. NATIONAL CENTER FOR EDUCATION STATISTICS.
- (a) Establishment.--There is established, within the Office of Educational Research and Improvement established under section 208 of the Department of Education Organization Act, a National Center for Education Statistics (hereafter in this title referred to as the ``Center'').
- (b) Commissioner and Associate Commissioners.--
- (1) Commissioner.--The Center shall be headed by a Commissioner of Education Statistics (hereafter in this title referred to as the ``Commissioner'') who shall be appointed by the President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, and who shall--
- (A) have substantial knowledge of programs assisted by the Center;
- (B) be paid in accordance with section 5315 of title 5, United States Code; and
- (C) serve for a term of four years, with the terms to expire every fourth June 21, beginning in 1995.
- (2) Associate commissioners.--The Commissioner may appoint such Associate Commissioners as the Commissioner determines are necessary and appropriate.
SEC. 402. FINDINGS; PURPOSE; DEFINITIONS.
SEC. 404. DUTIES OF THE CENTER.