A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``PART A--STATE GRANTS FOR DRUG AND VIOLENCE PREVENTION PROGRAMS
``Subpart 1--State Grants for Drug and Violence Prevention Programs
``SEC. 4011. RESERVATIONS AND ALLOTMENTS.
- ``(a) Reservations.--From the amount made available under section 4004(a) to carry out this subpart for each fiscal year, the Secretary--
- ``(1) shall reserve 1 percent of such amount for grants under this subpart to Guam, American Samoa, the Virgin Islands, and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, to be allotted in accordance with the Secretary's determination of their respective needs;
- ``(2) shall reserve 1 percent of such amount for the Secretary of the Interior to carry out programs under this part for Indian youth;
- ``(3) may reserve not more than $1,000,000 for the national impact evaluation required by section 4117(a); and
- ``(4) shall reserve 0.2 percent of such amount for programs for Native Hawaiians under section 4118.
- ``(b) State Allotments.--
- ``(1) In general.--Except as provided in paragraph (2), the Secretary shall, for each fiscal year, allocate among the States--
- ``(A) one-half of the remainder not reserved under subsection (a) according to the ratio between the school-aged population of each State and the school-aged population of all the States; and
- ``(B) one-half of such remainder according to the ratio between the amount each State received under part A of title I for the preceding year (or, for fiscal year 1995 only, sections 1005 and 1006 of this Act as such sections were in existence on the day preceding the date of enactment of the Improving America's Schools Act of 1994) and the sum of such amounts received by all the States.
- ``(2) Minimum.--For any fiscal year, no State shall be allotted under this subsection an amount that is less than one-half of 1 percent of the total amount allotted to all the States under this subsection.
- ``(3) Reallotment.--The Secretary may reallot any amount of any allotment to a State if the Secretary determines that the State will be unable to use such amount within two years of such allotment. Such reallotments shall be made on the same basis as allotments are made under paragraph (1).
- ``(4) Definitions.--For the purpose of this subsection--
- ``(A) the term `State' means each of the 50 States, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; and
- ``(B) the term `local educational agency' includes educational service agencies and consortia of such agencies.
SEC. 4004. FUNDING.
SEC. 4112. STATE APPLICATIONS.