A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 3603. STATE PLANS.
- ``(a) In General.--In order for a State to receive a grant or an allocation of funds under this part for any fiscal year, such State shall have in effect for such fiscal year a State plan. Such plan shall--
- ``(1) designate the State educational agency as the State agency responsible for the administration of the program assisted under this part;
- ``(2) set forth a program under which funds paid to the State in accordance with section 3602 will be expended solely for--
- ``(A) acquisition of school library media resources, including books and foreign language resources, for the use of students, school library media specialists, and teachers in elementary and secondary schools in the United States; and
- ``(B) administration of the State plan, including development and revision of standards, relating to school library media resources, except that the amount used for administration of the State plan in any fiscal year shall not exceed three percent of the amount available to such State under section 3602 for such fiscal year; and
- ``(3) set forth criteria to be used in allotting funds for school library media resources among the local educational agencies of the State, which allotment shall take into consideration the relative need of the students, school media specialists, and teachers to be served.
- ``(b) Plan Submission.--The State plan may be submitted as part of a consolidated application under section 14302.
SEC. 3602. ALLOCATION TO STATES.
SEC. 3604. DISTRIBUTION OF ALLOCATION TO LOCAL EDUCATIONAL AGENCIES.