A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 3402. APPLICATION REQUIRED.
- ``(a) In General.--Each nonprofit telecommunications entity, or partnership of such entities, desiring a grant under this part shall submit an application to the Secretary. Each such application shall--
- ``(1) demonstrate that the applicant will use the existing publicly funded telecommunications infrastructure to deliver video, voice and data in an integrated service to train teachers in the use of new standards-based curricula materials and learning technologies;
- ``(2) assure that the project for which assistance is sought will be conducted in cooperation with appropriate State educational agencies, local educational agencies, State or local nonprofit public telecommunications entities, and a national mathematics education professional association that has developed content standards;
- ``(3) assure that a significant portion of the benefits available for elementary and secondary schools from the project for which assistance is sought will be available to schools of local educational agencies which have a high percentage of children counted for the purpose of part A of title I; and
- ``(4) contain such additional assurances as the Secretary may reasonably require.
- ``(b) Approval of Applications; Number of Demonstration Sites.--In approving applications under this section, the Secretary shall assure that the demonstration project authorized by this part is conducted at elementary and secondary school sites in at least 15 States.
PART D--TELECOMMUNICATIONS DEMONSTRATION PROJECT FOR MATHEMATICS
SEC. 3403. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.