A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 3209. ADMINISTRATIVE PROVISIONS.
- ``(a) Continuing Eligibility.--
- ``(1) In general.--In order to be eligible to receive a grant under section 3204 for a second 3-year grant period an eligible entity shall demonstrate in the application submitted pursuant to section 3206 that such partnership shall--
- ``(A) continue to provide services in the subject areas and geographic areas assisted with funds received under this part for the previous 5-year grant period; and
- ``(B) use all grant funds received under this part for the second 3-year grant period to provide expanded services by--
- ``(i) increasing the number of students, schools or school districts served by the courses of instruction assisted under this part in the previous fiscal year;
- ``(ii) providing new courses of instruction; and
- ``(iii) serving new populations of underserved individuals, such as children or adults who are disadvantaged, have limited-English proficiency, are individuals with disabilities, are illiterate, or lack secondary school diplomas or their recognized equivalent.
- ``(2) Special rule.--Grant funds received pursuant to paragraph (1) shall be used to supplement and not supplant services provided by the grant recipient under this part in the previous fiscal year.
- ``(b) Federal Activities.--The Secretary may assist grant recipients under section 3204 in acquiring satellite time, where appropriate, as economically as possible.
SEC. 3208. DEFINITIONS.
SEC. 3210. OTHER ASSISTANCE.