A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 3134. LOCAL USES OF FUNDS.
- ``Each local educational agency, to the extent possible, shall use the funds made available under section 3132(a)(2) for--
- ``(1) developing, adapting, or expanding existing and new applications of technology to support the school reform effort;
- ``(2) funding projects of sufficient size and scope to improve student learning and, as appropriate, support professional development, and provide administrative support;
- ``(3) acquiring connectivity linkages, resources, and services, including the acquisition of hardware and software, for use by teachers, students and school library media personnel in the classroom or in school library media centers, in order to improve student learning by supporting the instructional program offered by such agency to ensure that students in schools will have meaningful access on a regular basis to such linkages, resources and services;
- ``(4) providing ongoing professional development in the integration of quality educational technologies into school curriculum and long-term planning for implementing educational technologies;
- ``(5) acquiring connectivity with wide area networks for purposes of accessing information and educational programming sources, particularly with institutions of higher education and public libraries; and
- ``(6) providing educational services for adults and families.
SEC. 3133. STATE APPLICATION.
SEC. 3135. LOCAL APPLICATIONS.