A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 3133. STATE APPLICATION.
- ``To receive funds under this subpart, each State educational agency shall submit a statewide educational technology plan which may include plans submitted under the Goals 2000: Educate America Act or other statewide technology plans which meet the requirements of this section. Such application shall be submitted to the Secretary at such time, in such manner, and accompanied by such information as the Secretary may reasonably require. Each such application shall contain a systemic statewide plan that--
- ``(1) outlines long-term strategies for financing technology education in the State and describes how business, industry, and other public and private agencies, including libraries, library literacy programs, and institutions of higher education, can participate in the implementation, ongoing planning, and support of the plan; and
- ``(2) meets such other criteria as the Secretary may establish in order to enable such agency to provide assistance to local educational agencies that have the highest numbers or percentages of children in poverty and demonstrate the greatest need for technology, in order to enable such local educational agencies, for the benefit of school sites served by such local educational agencies, to carry out activities such as--
- ``(A) purchasing quality technology resources;
- ``(B) installing various linkages necessary to acquire connectivity;
- ``(C) integrating technology into the curriculum in order to improve student learning and achievement;
- ``(D) providing teachers and library media personnel with training or access to training;
- ``(E) providing administrative and technical support and services that improve student learning through enriched technology-enhanced resources, including library media resources;
- ``(F) promoting in individual schools the sharing, distribution, and application of educational technologies with demonstrated effectiveness;
- ``(G) assisting schools in promoting parent involvement;
- ``(H) assisting the community in providing literacy-related services;
- ``(I) establishing partnerships with private or public educational providers or other entities to serve the needs of children in poverty; and
- ``(J) providing assurances that financial assistance provided under this part shall supplement, not supplant, State and local funds.
SEC. 3132. SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY RESOURCE GRANTS.
SEC. 3134. LOCAL USES OF FUNDS.