A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 3132. SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY RESOURCE GRANTS.
- ``(a) Grants to States.--
- ``(1) In general.--From amounts made available under section 3131, the Secretary, through the Office of Educational Technology, shall award grants to State educational agencies having applications approved under section 3133.
- ``(2) Use of grants.--
- ``(A) Each State educational agency receiving a grant under paragraph (1) shall use such grant funds to award grants, on a competitive basis, to local educational agencies to enable such local educational agencies to carry out the activities described in section 3134.
- ``(B) In awarding grants under subparagraph (A), each State educational agency shall ensure that each such grant is of sufficient duration, and of sufficient size, scope, and quality, to carry out the purposes of this part effectively.
- ``(b) Technical Assistance.--Each State educational agency receiving a grant under paragraph (1) shall--
- ``(1) identify the local educational agencies served by the State educational agency that--
- ``(A) have the highest number or percentage of children in poverty; and
- ``(B) demonstrate to such State educational agency the greatest need for technical assistance in developing the application under section 3133; and
- ``(2) offer such technical assistance to such local educational agencies.
Subpart 2--State and Local Programs for School Technology Resources
SEC. 3133. STATE APPLICATION.