A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``Subpart 2--State and Local Programs for School Technology Resources
``SEC. 3131. ALLOTMENT AND REALLOTMENT.
- ``(a) Allotment.--
- ``(1) In general.--Except as provided in paragraph (2), each State educational agency shall be eligible to receive a grant under this subpart for a fiscal year in an amount which bears the same relationship to the amount made available under section 3114(a)(1)(C) for such year as the amount such State received under part A of title I for such year bears to the amount received for such year under such part by all States.
- ``(2) Minimum.--No State educational agency shall be eligible to receive a grant under paragraph (1) in any fiscal year in an amount which is less than one-half of one percent of the amount made available under section 3115(a)(1)(C) for such year.
- ``(b) Reallotment of Unused Funds.--
- ``(1) In general.--The amount of any State educational agency's allotment under subsection (a) for any fiscal year which the Secretary determines will not be required for such fiscal year to carry out this subpart shall be available for reallotment from time to time, on such dates during such year as the Secretary may determine, to other State educational agencies in proportion to the original allotments to such State educational agencies under subsection (a) for such year, but with such proportionate amount for any of such other State educational agencies being reduced to the extent such amount exceeds the sum the Secretary estimates such State needs and will be able to use for such year.
- ``(2) Other reallotments.--The total of reductions under paragraph (1) shall be similarly reallotted among the State educational agencies whose proportionate amounts were not so reduced. Any amounts reallotted to a State educational agency under this subsection during a year shall be deemed a subpart of such agencies allotment under subsection (a) for such year.