A r c h
i v e d I n f o r m a t i o n
``SEC. 2204. CONSORTIUM REQUIREMENT.
- ``(a) In General.--A local educational agency receiving a grant under this part of less than $10,000 shall form a consortium with another local educational agency or an educational service agency serving another local educational agency to be eligible to participate in programs assisted under this part.
- ``(b) Waiver.--The State educational agency may waive the application of paragraph (1) in the case of any local educational agency that demonstrates that the amount of its allocation under this part is sufficient to provide a program of sufficient size, scope, and quality to be effective. In granting waivers under the preceding sentence, the State educational agency shall--
- ``(1) give special consideration to local educational agencies serving rural areas if distances or traveling time between schools make formation of the consortium more costly or less effective; and
- ``(2) consider cash or in-kind contributions provided from State or local sources that may be combined with the local educational agency's allocation for the purpose of providing services under this part.
- ``(c) Special Rule.--Each consortium shall rely, as much as possible, on technology or other arrangements to provide staff development programs tailored to the needs of each school or school district participating in a consortium described in subsection (a).
SEC. 2203. WITHIN-STATE ALLOCATIONS.
SEC. 2205. STATE APPLICATIONS.